Consult and Design’s award-winning team is based in Sunderland. We deliver ambitious digital projects that transform the way we live and work for people and organisations all over the world.
We are going through an exciting phase of development with great new projects, a new brand and ambitious plans to realise our vision of bringing people closer with technology to make real and lasting changes in the way we live and work.
We are looking for an outstanding Digital Project Manager who will be part of the talented team driving forward our evolution. The right person will bring their valuable experience and be prepared to learn and grow with us. They will fill this critical operational role, working with our amazing team and diverse clients to deliver ambitious web projects.
The ideal candidate will love what they do, building relationships and using the latest technology and methodologies to deliver high quality digital project management.
- At least 2 years of experience delivering digital projects of the highest quality.
- Great interpersonal skills enabling you to build relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and detailed plans to technical and non-technical people with ease and clarity, both verbally and in writing.
- A tenacious attention to detail and an analytical mindset with a strong track record of planning, problem solving and delivering.
- A positive and friendly attitude, focussed on how change can be achieved and bringing people with you on the journey.
About the Role
The project manager will be working on a range of projects for existing and new clients. Our clients range from local government to international organisations so a flexible and highly organised working practice will be really important.
The main aims of your role will be to:
- Ensure clear communications between clients and the production team so that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Provide the leadership team with regular status reports.
- Respond promptly to enquiries and nurture relationships with existing clients.
- Monitor activities and outcomes to drive evidence-based improvement.
- Estimate new work and negotiate client contracts, finding opportunities to generate new income and add value for the client.
The Project Manager will be required to work from Sunderland Software Centre — a modern cutting edge workplace in the centre of Sunderland, with a beautiful view of Mowbray Park and Sunderland Winter Gardens. You will be provided with onboarding and some training but you will be expected to learn by doing, picking things up quickly to get yourself up to speed.
You will report directly to the company leadership and are required to be trustworthy and transparent at all times.
The following are some of the core daily responsibilities:
- Communicate with clients with regard to project progress and regular update meetings in person or via video conference, calls and email.
- Understand the needs of clients and work closely with our team of experts to ensure quality responses to solving client’s problems.
- Deep and real-time usage of our Jira project management system and other online tools in order to plan, deliver, analyse and improve project implementation.
- Report regularly to the leadership team in order to identify and celebrate success, learn from failures and manage risks.
- Use a range of methodologies (agile and waterfall) to develop processes for the company and its clients that are specific to the needs of projects.
- Develop internal and external assets that improve quality and add value to the company and our clients.
- Work closely with the operations team in order to enable a seamless transition of projects from planning, through development to support.
Consult and Design has a very high team retention rate. We provide our people with the support, space and the right atmosphere to grow personally and professionally. Working with great clients on projects that make a difference is rewarding in itself, but we also have a range of great benefits.
- Salary based on experience £23-30k per year.
- Flexible working hours (37.5 hours per week).
- At least 29 days holiday per year inclusive of bank holidays.
- MacBook Pro and iPhone where required.
- Generous training and personal development opportunities such as attending international conferences and local training courses.
- Potential for international travel.
We encourage applications from people of under-represented groups — we’re an inclusive bunch and are striving to improve diversity in our workplace.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with details of current salary and benefits along with a motivational statement that details at a minimum:
- What about the company makes you want to work for Consult and Design?
- What makes you the ideal candidate for this job?
- What do you love about Project Management?
- Your current notice period
Please send your CV and statement in PDF format, using the form at the following web address. Only applications submitted using this form will be accepted.
This opportunity is now CLOSED.
Note that the role is expected to start on the 7th August. If you are not able to start on that date based on the timescales provided, you must provide an expected start date in your motivational statement.
- Call for candidates open: Tuesday 29th May
- Deadline for application: 5pm Friday 22nd June
- Notification to shortlist: Tuesday 26th June
- Interviews: Friday 29th June
- Notification to successful applicant: Monday 2nd July
- Contract signed by: Friday 6th July
- Expected start date: Tuesday 7th August
Agencies: Please note that we are not open to working with agencies on this occasion, so please don’t contact us about this post.