We have had a very successful year here at Consult and Design. Brand new faces, a brand new office and a great number of new exciting projects that we’ve had the pleasure of being involved in.
Some milestones of particular note this year include:
- Thanks to our successes last year, we were able to expand and move into our bigger office space here at Sunderland Software Centre to enable growth and to reflect our ambitions for the future. We also established our new office in Latvia as we grow internationally and become more and more involved in inter-cultural projects.
- To go along with the nice new office, we took on several new staff members this year as our reputation grew and number of projects increased. Cameron Shaw was brought in to support our Project Management work and Kevin Gibson joined us as our Designer and Front-End Developer. 2015 also saw us employ Tom Condon on an internship in marketing communications and saw us say goodbye to Joanna Little as she went back to university to focus on her final year of studies in Computer Science. Come January our team at Consult and Design will be ten people, and we continue to grow as a company with a new Front-End Developer in our sights.
- Continuing our work on the Young Arab Voices programme we were honoured to be involved as a consortium member for FCO funded project “Debate to Action” with the Anna Lindh Foundation, British Council, Chatham House and In Place of War. This is an inspiring initiative to be a part of and we can’t wait to see the outputs of the events in 2016.
- This year Consult and Design were delighted to be shortlisted for two prestigious business and technology awards. In addition to our nomination for Small Business of the Year in the Sunderland Echo Portfolio Awards, we were also in the running for “Collaborator of the Year” at the BT Dynamites 15 awards. Both events celebrated successful North East businesses, and the region’s achievements as a vibrant business hub.
- We established the innovative new Drupal Hub in partnership with MAKE it Sunderland, Sunderland Software City and Drupal North East. The launch of this project was based on the back of our involvement organising a very successful DrupalCamp North in July, that brought almost 100 “Drupalistas” from across Europe to Sunderland.
- We are proud to have had a number of significant contract wins throughout the year including new projects with: European Parliament, University of Sunderland, Sunderland City Council, Anna Lindh Foundation, SALTO EuroMed, Design Network North, University of Westminster and CfBT. We love working on innovative and impactful projects and will take our knowledge gained from these forwards into the new year.
- Consult and Design has also been working with partners RTC North's Design Network North and Northumbria University's School of Design on an Innovate UK funded project researching 'Digital Tools to Support Crowd Sourcing in Product Design'
All in all, we have had a great year and, with our eyes already set on 2016, we look forward to further increasing our international portfolio, establishing new partnerships and contracts already in progress and another year of continued growth and exciting opportunities.
We wish our staff, partners, clients and friends a great 2016! Do stop in for a cuppa and find out more about what we do or to discuss what you do and how we can help.